Pages

Thursday 16 November 2017

Writing: Nelson Mandela's Speech Summary

L.I: to understand how to deliver a speech
L.I: what techniques can be used when speaking

This week for writing, our must do was to create a summary about popular speeches. Our choices limited to Martin Luther King Jr, Nelson Mandela, Emma Watson, Malala Yousafzai, Severn Suzuki, Matt Cuts, or Graham Hill. I chose to do Nelson Mandela. We were all given a YouTube link to their speech, and we would look out for these things. Were there any rhetorical questions? Was there eye contact, and did they speak too slow or fast? I made each of these have a separate slide, as if they were sub headings. For my first slide, What Was This Speech About, it is not accurate, because the video that we were given wasn't the entire speech. (Because the actual speech is 3 hours long).

No comments:

Post a Comment